Monday, February 14, 2011

Montreal Rocks

This weekend, I attended my second Habs Tweetup. I even dragged my best friend along, who isn't necessarily the biggest hockey fan in the world, but she was a good sport about the whole things, especially considering it was her birthday. I knew it would be a good time, but I was really surprised by just how much fun I had. I learned a few things this weekend at the Habs Tweetup, and I wanted to share them with you:

-PK Subban is a bad ass. I don't care what anyone says, and you can disagree with me if you like, but he IS the grit on the Habs. Players and fans of the NHL have been criticizing him for "running his mouth off" but "refusing to fight". Pay special attention to the look on his face after his fight with Lupul. That says it all.




-I heard someone tweet once that Facebook is to stay in touch with people you don't want to be friends with anymore, but Twitter is to stay in touch with people you should be friends with. This is especially true of the Habs Tweetups. I absolutely adored meeting each and every tweep there, and am already looking forward to the next one!

-Annakin Slayd is a really cool dude. I was super excited and a total dork when the "Feels Like '93" singer arrived, as I've been a huge fan for a while. But I got a chance to chat with him, and he's really awesome (obviously, he's a Habs fan!).

-Being creative actually can get you somewhere. The All Habs trivia quiz was EXTREMELY tough, and being that I firmly believe in always at least guessing for every question, I did my best. Despite probably not getting many of the questions right, I won a Habs scarf and Habs mittens for my creative answers. Huzzah!

-I'm constantly reminded just how amazing the city of Montreal and its people are. Being in a bar surrounded by cold beer and good company, as the Habs score a goal, truly is one of the greatest things to experience. All that being said, in honour of their Grammy weekend, I wanted to end things off with my one of my favourite songs from Montreal band the Arcade Fire. Enjoy!




No comments: